- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Hatfield Township Budget Raises Fire Protection Tax
The Hatfield Township Commissioners have approved a budget that calls for about $12 million in spending and a hike in the fire protection part of the property tax. President Tom Zipfel says you either help fire companies in financial need or houses burn. The rate is doubling, and it will cost the average homeowner about $24. The commissioners are also creating a fire services committee that will analyze fire protection needs.