- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Local Congressman Expects Another Budget Battle with Pres.
Congressman Jim Gerlach, a 6th District Republican, says the budget battle will begin with the Obama Administration’s budget proposal, which will be delivered to Congress in February. “We will then take his budget proposal in the house and I’m sure we’ll see what the President is proposing, because as a past proposal that he put forth he spends much too much and doesn’t deal with, he got a trillion plus dollar deficit from the first three years and we anticipate him offering another budget plan with another trillion-dollar deficit for next year.”
Gerlach says, a final budget may never be passed because the Democratic controlled Senate has not passed a spending plan in the past three fiscal years. Instead, Gerlach adds, the government has been funded through a continuing resolution.