- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Norristown Working On Parking Proposal
Business owners on West Marshall Street in Norristown are complaining about new parking meters that charge $1.50 an hour. They say some customers are getting parking tickets because they don’t put enough money in the meters, while others are taking their business to areas that have lower-cost or free parking.
Several have suggested a rate of 50 cents per hour. Norristown Council President Gary Simpson says two committees are working on a parking proposal, and it will be discussed with business owners and West End residents.