- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Doylestown Attorney Running for 8th District Seat
Doylestown Attorney Kathy Boockvar is challenging incumbent 8th District Congressman Mike Fitzpatrick.
The Democratic nominee is a mediation specialist who ran for Bucks County Registrar of Wills 5 years ago. She says the GOP obsession with the Affordable Health Care Act is standing in the way of getting things done on other issues.
“How many times do the Republicans and Mike Fitzpatrick need to vote to repeal a law that has been voted into law by both houses of Congress, signed into law by the President and upheld as constitutional by the Supreme Court? We have so many real problems we need to be focusing on right now.”
Boockvar has said the Romney appointment of Paul Ryan as his running mate is more evidence the Republican Party has lurched to the right. As a result of redistricting, residents in parts of the North Penn and Indian Valley areas will be voting in the 8th District for the first time this November.