- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Perkasie Purchases Power Under New Plan
Perkasie officials have made their first three purchases under a new Power Supply Master Plan that borough council approved earlier this year.
They bought one block of electricity from Exelon and two more from Next Era Energy to round out their needs in the years 2014 through 2017 and save money by avoiding the need to buy at the last minute and pay current market prices, which may be too high.
The projected wholesale cost saving in 2016 and 2017 is more than $2 million per year, which means retail customers should see their rates drop by double digit percentages in each of those two years, and they could see smaller savings even sooner.
Like Lansdale and a few other boroughs, Perkasie buys electricity in bulk and re-sells it to residents.