- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Sen. Toomey Calls For Firings at I.R.S
Intimidation and threats allegedly carried out by the Internal Revenue Service on Tea Party members is the latest black eye for a federal agency that is known for its harsh behavior. Pennsylvania Senator, Pat Toomey says, someone must be held accountable.
“Somebody needs to be fired there. This is totally beyond anything that’s acceptable.”
Toomey says, This episode certainly doesn’t seem like the kindlier and gentler I.R.S.
“I would find it disturbing if the I.R.S. were singling out liberal political organizations or any organizations based on what they believe or their political philosophy. Singling them out for extra scrutiny and punishment in the form of delayed recognition of their tax status. This is very, very disturbing.”
Toomey was a guest on the WNPV’s AM-Edition Tuesday morning with Darryl Berger