- Church Treasurer Accused of Stealing Church Funds
- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Sen. Toomey Stands By His Beliefs on Background Checks
Despite drawing the ire of some conservative groups, U-S Senator, Pat Toomey says, he still thinks expanding background checks on gun sales makes sense. Toomey says, the bill he crafted with Democratic Senator Joe Manchin was the subject of lots of misinformation.
“We did have to end up spending a lot of time correcting people who had a mistake or impression or had read something that was a factional an error, and that I think inhibited our ability to make the case for what actually was in the bill.”
Toomey’s bill fell short of the 60 votes needed in the Senate during an April vote.