- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Bucks Co. State Senator Weighs in on Privatization
Debate continues in Harrisburg on liquor privatization. Bucks County State Senator, Chuck McIlhinney, unveiled a proposal for liquor sales yesterday. McIlhinney says, there’s fairness for all concerned under his proposal, including people who have beer distributors and other liquor licenses.
“What I heard from is the existing licensees, some currently in the beer business and alcohol business in Pennsylvania and one o the biggest things they are worried about is the value of their license. I believe we can expand and privatize alcohol, utilizing our existing license structure.”
McIlhinney is chair of the law and justice committee, also would make changes to the hours of operations that he believes will benefit licensees.