- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montco. Looks to Create Ordinance to Protect Gays, Others
A vote on an ordinance to protect members of the gay, lesbian and transgender communities could come in Montgomery County sometime near the fall season. Commissioner Chairman, Josh Shapiro says a work group is trying to determine if Montco can adopt such an ordinance.
“We’ve exploring that legal question and we hope to be able to have a public presentation on this sometime early in the fall. We will take the results of that and determine what action is necessary.”
It seems likely the non discrimination ordinance would be passed with or without the support of minority Commissioner, Bruce Castor.