- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
GMC Wants Nursing Award Nominations
Gwynedd-Mercy College wants nominations for its annual Nursing Excellence Awards. Francis Maguire School of Nursing Dean Andrea Hollingsworth says both Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses practicing in Bucks or Montgomery Counties for two years or more are eligible, and they must demonstrate a high level of performance.
“We’re looking for nurses who go above and beyond, who are special, who really take the whole essence of nursing to its highest level, who are very caring individuals, who are active in their community, who do a wonderful job at whatever kind of nursing they do.”
Doctor Hollingsworth says the award has gone mainly to hospital nurses in the past, but it has also gone to nurses working for schools and private practices. She says all applications must be in by March 11, a panel of nursing leaders will review them, and the awards will be given at a ceremony in early May, just before Nurses Week. For more information go to www.gmc.edu on the internet.