- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Teen Drivers Should Learn Risk Assessment
Driving instructor Mike Mercadante of Driver Training Services in North Wales says parents teaching teenagers how to drive should be teaching safety risk assessment, where they look ahead and perceive escalating levels of danger. He says the driver’s attitude is also important.
"You do have some students who have that rebel without a cause kind of a mentality, where they’re going to do whatever they want to do. You need to check that as a parent with strict enforcement of rules."
Mercadante says the rules could include having the car home by midnight and not having more than one teenage passenger at a time. He appeared yesterday on the monthly transportation edition of the WNPV talk program Comment Please by Univest.