- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Some Feel It’s Only A Matter of Time Before Someone Gets Hurt on Whites Road
Lansdale officials are raising concerns about traffic safety along Whites Road near the entrance into the community pool. Even with crossing guards present, it seems some motorists have difficulty seeing pedestrians in the street and there have a few near misses. Borough Councilman Mike Sobel says the road is on a hill and that’s part of the problem.
“So we definitely need to get the traffic engineer to do a study to see what we have to do and then we can make our changes.”
Sobel also says cars are moving too fast on Whites road. The speed limit is 25 miles per hour. Lansdale police will be Keeping a close eye on the area to enforce the speed limit.