- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Blogging CB Teacher Fired
A Central Bucks East High School teacher, suspended last year for a blog she wrote and posted on the internet, has been fired. The school board terminated 31-year-old Natalie Munroe Tuesday night, citing poor performance.
She filed a lawsuit last week in federal court knowing she was about to be fired. It claims the school district violated her Constitutional right to free speech under the First Amendment, but School Board President Paul Faulkner says it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with having satisfactory teachers in the classrooms.
Munroe got national media attention after blogging about too many students being rude, lazy whiners who curse, argue for grades and complain about everything.