- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Norristown Approves Zoning For Age-Restricted Housing
Norristown Council has approved a zoning change for a Retirement Community Overlay District at the site of the former Kennedy-Kenrick High School, at Arch Street and Johnson Highway.
It clears the way for a $50 million age-restricted development with a mix of apartments and single-family homes.
The plans call for 46 apartments in the four-story school, with three new three-story buildings and several singles, twins and other housing types behind the existing building for a total of 199 units. The development would also have a small amount of commercial or retail space.