- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
SASD Holds Public Hearing on Proposed School Closing
The Souderton Area School Board Tuesday night held a public hearing about the proposed closing of Lower Salford Elementary School.
District officials want to shutdown one of their seven grade schools because of declining student enrollment. They say Lower Salford makes the most sense because the building is 100 years old and would require extensive rennovations totaling about $3,000,000 to make it accessible for students and others with disabilities Almost a dozen district residents spoke out against the proposed closing. The school board will consider their comments for the next three months before taking a final vote on February 28th.