- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Mattison Ave School Closing
The Wissahickon School Board has voted to close Mattison Avenue Elementary School in Ambler.
Administrators had recommended closing Mattison Avenue, which is the oldest school in the district and the only one that requires students to move to a different building after the third grade. It will close at the end of June, and when the fall semester starts all Wissahickon elementary schools will have kindergarten through fifth grade.
Superintendent of Schools Judith Clark said it had an achievement gap compared to the other schools in the district, and the recommendation was based educationally on national best practices.