- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
2 NP Weapon Incidents
Police responded Thursday to a pair of separate incidents involving weapons at North Penn schools.
In one at the high school, security officers found four knives in a pickup truck that was parked in an unauthorized area.
The knives were turned over to Towamencin Township Police, and an 18-year-old student faces school disciplinary action as well as criminal charges of possession of weapons on school property.
The other incident involved two students who attend both Pennfield Middle School in Hatfield Township and the North Montco Technical Career Center in Towamencin.
They showed an Airsoft pellet gun and a bb gun at one school on Wednesday and the other on Thursday. Airsoft guns fire plastic pellets that are propelled by either a spring or compressed air.
A statement from the North Penn School District says other students were never in danger, and the two involved face disciplinary action. A police investigation is continuing, and charges against the juveniles are pending.