- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
MCCC Bond Rating Lowered
Moody’s Investor Service has lowered its bond rating for Montgomery County Community College.
The Wall Street rating firm cites falling enrollments and a drop in state and county funding.
The downgrade from Aa2 to Aa3 means the college will probably have to pay higher interest rates on future debt. It plans to borrow an additional $34 million in the next year.
After several years of growth, full-time equivalent student enrollment declined by more than two percent in the fall of 2011 and nearly six percent last fall.