- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
L Salford Elementary School Closing
The Souderton Area School Board has voted to close Lower Salford Elementary School on Maple Avenue in Harleysville.
An administrative recommendation to close it was based on a Pennsylvania Economy League study that said enrollment will drop by 340 students over the next five years.
Enrollment this school year is down by 84 students compared to a year earlier, and by September the district will need only six elementary schools instead of the seven it has now.
Built 100 years ago, Lower Salford Elementary is the oldest school in the district and it needs work, including wheelchair ramps and other upgrades to bring it into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.