- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Perky League Finals Roll On
Two games in the books and the Perky League Championship Series is deadlocked at a game a piece. That's because the defending champion Collegeville Black Sox scored three runs in the first inning Tuesday night and held onto to win a 7-5 thriller in Upper Gwynedd. The Black Sox scored all seven of their runs off Norristown starter Chris Lauber in the first four innings. The Collegeville offense pounded ot 12 hits, three coming off the bat Jason Connor. Connor also walked, drove in a run and scored twice. Teammates Matt Altieri and Marc Wagner each had two hits a piece. Tony Delude, Mike Isgro and DJ Santoro each had to hits to lead the Norristown offense. Brian Rorick picked up the win while Laurber suffered the loss. Game three is scheduled for Wednesday night at Hostelley Field. First pitch is 7:30pm.
Tony DiBricida talks to WNPV sports director Jeff Nolan about the series.