- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Phils Sign Cliff Lee
Pitcher Cliff Lee, who helped get the Phillies to the 2009 World Series, is returning. Phils Broadcaster Chris Wheeler says he was surprised that Lee turned down a better offer from the Yankees because players do not normally take discounts on their salaries.
“The association gets involved with the agents and all of that, and they always want the player to take the highest number because then it all trickles down to the other guys, and Cliff Lee bucked that trend on all counts and he’s going back to where he wants to be, and that’s with the Phillies.”
Wheeler says Manager Charlie Manuel’s respect for the players is probably one reason Lee decided to return, and the Golden Age of Phillies Baseball just got a little shinier. His signing will be complete after he passes a physical exam. Wheeler, a Blue Bell resident, appeared Tuesday on the WNPV talk program Comment Please by Univest.