- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
The Phillies have decided on their 25 man opening day roster and it does not include Erik Kratz. The 31 year old Telford native was battling veteran Brian Schneider for the chance to back-up starter Carlos Ruiz. Kratz had a good exhibition season, hitting .409 with 2 home runs in 22 spring at bats. Schneider, who begins his third season as the primary back-up for Ruiz, hit .257 with a home run in 35 at bats. Kratz came over from the Pittsburgh Pirates last year and spent the season as a member of the Iron Pigs in Triple A. In his first season, he hit .288 with 15 home runs and 53 RBI's. Kratz was a September re-call for the Phils. He had 2 hits in 6 at bats, including a double, during that time. The Phillies open the regular season on the road against the Pittsburgh Pirates on Thursday afternoon. WNPV radio will provide live coverage beginning at 1pm. The home opener is Monday, April 9 against Miami. WNPV radio will again provide live radio coverage.