Select a news topic from the list below, then select a news article to read.
NOMINATIONS SOUGHT FOR LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
During Lansdale’s early years a group of dedicated citizens stepped forward to help turn a sleepy rural village into a bustling railroad junction town. Today they are remembered as the borough’s founding fathers.
Those community leaders of the past shared a common goal: they contributed tirelessly over a long period of time to the betterment of Lansdale in a wide variety of ways.
With their good works in mind, the Lansdale Founders Day Committee last year established the Borough of Lansdale Lifetime Achievement Award to honor an individual for his or her long-time commitment to the betterment of the borough through personal involvement, education, public service or other criteria deemed significant by the committee.
The first recipient of this annual award was former Fairmount Fire Company Chief Jay Daveler for his life-long accomplishments in public safety, business and community activism. It was presented last August as part of the Founders Day celebration.
This year’s selection will be made by a nominating subcommittee chaired by Margie Booz of Chantilly Floral Boutique. As part of the process the public is invited to nominate candidates for consideration.
The criteria are:
-- Nominees will be judged based on an extensive body of work that encompasses at least 25 years of dedication to the community through service in the public or private sector that benefited the citizens of Lansdale.
-- While it is not essential that nominees be residents of Lansdale, their qualifications will be judged by long-term achievements that have had a direct, positive impact on the Borough of Lansdale.
-- It is the Founders Day Committee’s intent to bestow this award on a living person. A posthumous award to an individual who died in the year prior to Aug. 24, 2013 would be considered.
Nominations can be made on-line at www.DiscoverLansdale.org/nominations -- or just click on the Nominations button on the home page. Nominations may also be delivered in person to Chantilly Floral Boutique, 29 W. Main St. Those submitting nominations must include a detailed description of the nominees’ qualifications for the award. The name, address and telephone number of the person making the nomination must also be included.
All nominations from the public must be received by Saturday, June 15.
The 2013 recipient will be announced on or about August 1.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Margie Booz, (215) 855-9258.
WNPV Radio, an award-winning News/Talk/Sports station in Lansdale,
PA, is seeking full-time business-to-business sales people to market radio
advertising to businesses in Montgomery and Bucks Counties. Knowledge
of the area, dependable transportation, and sales experience a must. Broad-
cast sales experience a plus. Commission. Send resume to:
WNPV Radio is also seeking a Newscaster/Producer. Must have news
writing skills, be able to edit digital audio and deliver morning newscasts.
Will also act as producer for morning and mid-day programs. Radio
No phone calls, please. EOE.
Re-broadcast of the borough's 250th Anniversary from June 15th, 2013 with Darryl Berger and Jeff Nolan.
Summer Spectacular Ticket Give-a-way Rules
1. There is no purchase necessary.
2. You must be at least 18 years of age by June 1, 2013, in order to receive two (2) raffle tickets: one for the regular entertainment tickets and one for the Grand Prize.
3. Raffle tickets are limited to one of each color per person per ticket giveaway.
4. No raffle tickets will be given out after we have been awarding prizes for 30 minutes.
5. Winners must be present when their raffle ticket is selected in order to claim prize.
6. Grand Prizes and Runner-Up Grand Prizes are limited to one per household (family members living at same address) per season.
7. There is no cash alternative for any selected prize. Winners are entitled only to receive the prize(s) that they have won. Any trades with other winners are at your own risk.
8. Player’s entry and acceptance of any prize offered constitutes permission to use their name, photograph or other likeness or voice for purposes of advertising and promotion on behalf of WNPV Radio and the sponsoring businesses of “The Summer Spectacular Ticket Giveaway,” without further compensation and the Grand Prize and Runner-Up winners must fill out an "Affidavit of Eligibility” attesting to this.
9. Winner’s acceptance of any prize relieves WNPV and its participating sponsors of any liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize.
10. Any taxes incurred through the winning of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.